Policy Prohibiting Child Labour and Preventing Forced Labour at Workplace
The foundation of SARK’s “No Child or Forced Labor policy” is based on the Company’s com- mitment to find practical, meaningful and culturally appropriate responses to support the elim- ination of such labor practices. It thus endorses the need for appropriate initiatives to progressively eliminate these abuses.
- SARK does not employ any person below the age of eighteen years in the workplace.
- SARK prohibits the use of forced or compulsory labor at its units. No employee is made to work against his will or work as bonded/forced labor, or subject to corporal punishment or coercion of any type related to work.
- This policy is publicly available throughout the Company and clearly communicated to all employees in a manner in which it can be understood.
- The responsibility for the implementation of the policy rests with the Unit Head/Department, who do not permit underage personnel to enter the factory as workers.
- Employment contracts and other records documenting all relevant details of the employ- ees, including age, are maintained at unit and are open to verification by any authorized personnel or relevant statutory body.